sportsviewing online

Posted by doms | Tuesday, June 17, 2008 | | 0 comments »

Two major sporting events are ongoing. Unfortunately, I could not able to watch because of work. Fortunately, I have internet connection in my line of work.


These two sporting events were the NBA 2008 Finals and the 2008 US Open Golf Championship. 

From time to time, when my boss is not looking, I browse pages that covers both of them. 

Game 5 of the NBA finals is a bit less exciting. Considering that no team has yet to comeback from a 3-1 deficit, I suspected that the Celtics would just offer token resistance and take the crown right in their homecourt in game 6. But to my surprise, the Celtics almost won again coming from behind. 

The golf major championship, the US Open, is another story. I was hooked on the compelling live blog. I forgot the blog writer's name at the moment. But I really liked the idea of covering sports via blog real time. And since the championship was down to the last putt, I was itching to know the outcome. I am glad Tiger Woods made a clutch birdie. When I watch its replay, I can still feel excitement and awe at the greatest player in golf.

Hopefully, I can also do live blogs.

0 comments