A Perfect Game

Posted by doms | Tuesday, July 22, 2008 | | 0 comments »

I just blogged about my first ever perfect game in my primary blog. As a fan, I have yet to witness one.

Bowling, perhaps, is the easiest among sports to accomplish a perfect game. A perfect game in bowling is striking out ten straight times and garnering a score of 300. Even so, it isn't everyday that I hear or read about it.

I know there is also one in baseball. A pitcher is credited a perfect game when no batter reaches base either via a hit or a walk. This is what I am dying to see in an actual game. I saw one in a movie, For the Love of the Game, which starred Kevin Costner as Billy Chapel, on the verge of retirement, accomplishing a perfect game in his last time at the mound.

If all breaks in 9-ball competition turned to a golden break, maybe that will also amount to a perfect game.

I don't know of other perfect game in other sports.

All I pray is that I see one in my lifetime.

0 comments