Thoughts after the 2008 Ryder Cup

Posted by doms | Friday, September 26, 2008 | , | 0 comments »

Ryder Cup ValhallaI was lucky enough to catch the 2nd day of the 2008 Ryder Cup when most of the drama unfolded.

Except for the recent US Open Golf championship, this was the most thrilling golf match I have ever watched. Just as what the commentators said, this tournament called Ryder Cup brings about emotions you get to see only every two years. I am glad to have witnessed Ian Poulter with his eyes seemingly coming out of its sockets.


My girlfriend does not share my appreciation of the event and bugged me for staying up to the wee hours of the morning just to see its conclusion.

On that critical Day 2, Team USA was able to protect their opening day lead and gave them momentum going into the final day.

In terms of fashion, I think Team Europe had the better shirts of the tournament if its any consolation.

The win of Team USA made we wonder what Tiger Woods felt. I would think he would have another great motivation in his sleeve come 2010 Ryder Cup.

Note: Image taken from wikipedia.



0 comments