2008 MLB Playoffs: BoSox comeback in ALCS Game 5

Posted by doms | Friday, October 17, 2008 | , | 0 comments »

The Boston Red Sox never fails to amaze me. In game 5 of the American League Championship Series, I have given them up for dead but they came back to extend the series against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. They then keep their hopes alive in the 2008 MLB Playoffs and the chance to repeat as World Series champs.

Today (Manila time) is Game 5 of the American League Championship Series of Major League Baseball (MLB) between the defending world series champs Boston Red Sox and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. The Devil Rays are up in the series 3-1.

Pitching for the Red Sox is Daizuke Matsuzaka or Dice K which I came to know when I was in Japan last year. He was bought from his Japanese Team in the 50 million US$ range and became instrumental for the Sox winning the World Series last year.

Since I have work, I can only check the progress of the game via the internet from time to time. I think it was about 10 am when I first browsed in ESPN. I was dismayed to see the Devil Rays leading 5 - 0. I felt it was a lost cause for the Red Sox.

When lunch break came, I checked back in ESPN expecting a congratulatory article for the Devil Rays for reaching the World Series. Initially, I can't believe when I first read it. But the Red Sox came back and won 8-7 to extend the series. All I can say was "wow".

Then, I remembered, they came back from 3-0 down against the NY Yankees - a feat that until then was impossible to achieve. Well, coming back from 3-1 may proved to be only difficult for them.

0 comments