2008 - 2009 NBA Results:
Miami Heat 107 - Phoenix Suns 92

Posted by doms | Saturday, November 29, 2008 | | 0 comments »

I was glad to finally catch my Phoenix Suns play this season but was immediately disappointed as a hot shooting Dwyane Wade carried Miami to an easy win over my Suns 105 - 92.

Wade scored 43 points on a 15 of 41 shooting night to lead all scorers. My favorite player Steve Nash did not play due to injury.

This was the first game between the two teams who figured in a prominent mind-season trade last year that brought Shaquille O'neal to the Suns and Shawn Marion to the Heat.

When I tuned in, it was the beginning of the fourth quarter with the Heat leading by eleven, 81 - 70. My Suns are still adjusting to their change in identity and I missed the free flowing offense I have been accustomed to.

Wade, Marion and Beasley was in the bench that time. But my Suns failed to capitalize. I even did not recognize manning the pointguard for the Suns at the time.

When Stoudemire returned, the Suns went on a little run closing the gap to 99 - 90. But two dunks - one by Haslem and the other an alley-oop by Marion - stopped the momentum and secured the win for the Heat.

Shaq scored only 12. Boyet Sison of the Sports show Hardball, predicted a better game for the big Aristotle based on Shaq's past first games against his former teams. I guess age is gaining on the big fellow.

0 comments