UAAP Badminton [Now] on Philippine TV

Posted by doms | Saturday, April 25, 2009 | | 1 comments »

Badminton in the Philippines gains a much needed exposure as the UAAP Season 71 Badminton competitions was shown on Studio 23.

I'm glad I caught some badminton action on free TV last Wednesday afternoon. It is the only sport I play nowadays. More telecasts like it would revive interest in the sport that peaked some 3 years ago.

Normally, I catch badminton games only on cable TV. Where I see Europeans, Chinese, South Koreans, Malaysians and Indonesians play quality badminton.

I still remember the first few times my friends invited me to their smashing gigs. Almost all badminton centers we went to were full. In one instance, we lost a reservation because we arrived late. Our supposed to be "reserved" court was given to another group.

But nowadays, I can not say the same. Although there are times the venue we play at still get fully occupied.

The young players featured in the competition is a ray of hope for Philippine badminton. More importantly, if more kids would take the sport, the country would have lots of talented players from the grassroots level and future Filipino international players would surely come.

1 comments

  1. Bradpetehoops // May 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

    Badminton is a favorite games now a days specially cute women everywhere I go.