French Open 2009 : Federer Advance to 3rd Round

Posted by doms | Friday, May 29, 2009 | , , | 0 comments »

French Open 2009
I was switching channels; on CS9, Game 5 of Magic-Cavs and on Studio 23 the French Open 2009 featuring World No.2 Roger Federer in the 2nd round.

The first time I went to Studio 23, the score on the bottom displays Federer won the first set. And they where about to start the second set.

When I came back, it was a set apiece.

On my next return, Federer's opponent was up 4 - 1 in the third set. And I thought oh-oh... Federer is about to lose... again. My theory that I am jinxing Federer grew by the minute. And honestly I have resigned to accept the fact that Federer would lose again.

So, I just decided not to switch channels anymore but I can't helped it. Hehehe!!! To my surprise, when I returned to Studio 23, Federer is now up 6 - 5.

Probably, the comeback of Federer demoralized his opponent and fought not as persistent as before.

In the fourth set, Federer prevailed to moved on to the third round.

French Open 2009 Federer Survive 2nd Round

Roger Federer celebrates victory over Jose Acasuso in Paris.
Photograph: Bertrand Guay/AFP/Getty Images

0 comments