The 2010 Masters Green Jacket Won by Phil Mickelson

Posted by doms | Monday, April 12, 2010 | , , ,

The 2010 Masters Green Jacket has already been worn by Phil Mickelson when I woke up early to watch the final round from the start. Arggh!



Image taken from ESPN Homepage today


Darn, my time conversion suck big time. I thought 2 pm eastern is 7 am here in Manila. Aside from being blog material, I was curious if Tiger Woods coming from behind could finally win a major championship. So, I planned to wake up early even its an off-work day for me.

Well, as I flip channels, growing iritated by the minute, I just thought our cable provider does not have the channel broadcasting the major golf championship. My day starting on a bad note.

When I fired up my browser. It dawned on me why I cannot find its coverage. It is already done and through. There he is, on ESPN homepage, lefty Phil donning his 3rd green jacket aided by 2009 winner Angel Cabrera.

As a consolation, I saw some parts of the 3rd round where Phil started his surge. His eagle,eagle and almost-eagle binge did the trick & had the hallowed August grounds rocking. With perhaps all the patrons at the famed Augusta golf course rooting for him today, he overcame overnight leader Lee Westwood's one shot lead, shooting 67 to finish 12 under for the tournament.

Lee Westwood is probably Golf's hearbreak kid, finishing close again. Here's hoping he finally get at least one major championship. I think a British Open trophy will be more meaningful for him.

As for Tiger, he never made the charge I was curious to see. He finished tied for 4th, 5 shots more than Phil.

It is a good thing that the Golf gods, if there's any, of Augusta favored a family-oriented man whose wife and mother are battling breast cancer.

Congratulations, Phil.

*****
Sidenotes:

Housemate Apol asked once if we'll ever get to play golf. Last year, I almost went to a golf driving range with best buddy, Ranel. His boss introduced him to the sport. But he soon left for Saudi.

For me, playing golf is not that a far-fetch idea. What I'm more concerned about is, if we can enjoy it as much as playing badminton or bowling. Golf is more of a silent and meditating sport. I don't think we will be allowed to cheer, jeer and laugh out loud among ourselves in a golf course.

And if the Golf gods are listening er, browsing, I sure wish to stand on Augusta National famed Golf course in this lifetime.

Blog advertising