A Phoenix Suns Win for a Change

Posted by doms | Friday, January 20, 2012 | , , ,

Finally, I get to read something good about Steve Nash and my Phoenix Suns. They won over the New York Knicks that has Carmelo Anthony (although not 100%), former Sun, Amar'e Stoudemire and newly acquired Tyson Chandler.

The conspiracy theorist in me says this was a gimme win because of Phoenix former ties to now Knicks Coach Mike d'Antoni. But the Knicks themselves are in dire need of wins after their underperforming start for the season. That ridiculous thought is quickly dispelled.

Understandably, the Suns haven't been talked about this NBA 2011-2012 season because of a weak roster. But I am glad that they are still battling out there, ably lead by the unaging Nash.

If they could just squeeze in as the 8th seed on a highly competitive Western Conference, that would be an early Christmas sports present for me.