Federer loses to Blake in Beijing Olympics

Posted by doms | Friday, August 15, 2008 | , | 0 comments »

I am disheartened to learn of Federer's loss to James Blake at the Beijing Olympics.

That means one of my wishes in this Summer Games will not be granted. But more than that, I am a bit shocked at the way this year has turned out for Federer.

At the end of 2007, there are a lot of talks of his place in the-greatest-tennis-players discussion This abrupt slide in results fails in comparison to Miami Heat's implosion from champion to one of the worst.

Many, including me, think that Federer is still in his prime. I hope he regains his top form and be able to defend his US Open crown to somehow salvage his campaign this year which are marked by frustratingly big losses.

For starter, I believe he and his doubles partner is still in competition at this Olympics.

0 comments